Friday, November 30, 2012

Early morning texts are hardly ever good news, I guess that puts them in the same category as early morning phone calls.  You hear that ring or ping and your heart stops.  I really wish when the guys at work text Danny so early they would include a little more info in the first message.  Last May he got a message that said "Hey your buddy at the Lake got shot" (that may not be a direct quote but that's pretty close).  That was it, no who, how, why, or condition.  This morning he got one that said, "off-duty bako chp killed in Rosedale last night".  I know there isn't a good way to find out someone you know (I don't know the officer who was killed last night, but Danny does) is dead, but a text message is pretty low on my list.  So while my mind has resumed it's normal chaotic whirring, and my heart has resumed it's normal pace, it's still a sad day.

No comments: