Monday, January 3, 2011

It is quiet here. Very, very quiet. The boys are all back at school, and Danny is at work. I would like to say it's peaceful, but it's not really. There is a distinct "boy odor" in the air which makes me think I may have to clean some rooms today. But the sun is shining (wow) and I have opened some windows. Maybe that will help.
Changing the subject... I need to make a note to myself here, for future reference, drinking Dr. Pepper at dinner time will keep you awake half the night, especially when it's been weeks since you've had the stuff! Of course I knew that, but sometimes a reminder is good.
New Years was interesting this year. The boys and I, and Jacob, hung out at Mom's, we played games and ate sort of junk food. Zachary went to a church dance that ended at midnight. So at midnight I was by myself driving to pick him up, listening to the count down on the radio, and checking out some great illegal fireworks. As a new year begins I am thankful, for a happy(I think) healthy family that keeps me on my toes. I am also thankful for Danny's eyes, they are pretty great. Mostly I am glad he has them, both.

*He says it is okay to post this story, so in case anyone besides Cynthia wants to know what happened, here it is*
On New Year's Eve one of the officers Danny was working with arrested a drunk driver, the person was very unhappy and angry about being arrested, so the officer asked for some help. Danny got there first, and since his car had a cage (the screen between the officer and the backseat) they placed the arrestee in the back of his patrol car, where he proceeded to wiggle around and get his arms in front of him. Danny was outside the car, with the closed door between the angry man and him, when the person took his hands and handcuffs and slammed them against the window, shattering it, into Danny's face, causing glass to get in one of his eyes. The arrestee was then assisted out of the patrol vehicle, recuffed and placed in leg restaints. Danny spent the rest of the shift visiting a doctor, getting his eye checked, and flushed, which is apparently not fun, and dealing with paperwork for that and blood exposure.

2 comments:

cynthia said...

What's the story behind the "eyes" comment, I know there has to be one.

Grammy said...

Of course, but I can't post it, so I will call you sometime this week. :)