Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Volunteering
DADDY,DADDY, DADDY!! MOMMY HAS TO TELL YA SOMETHING!! This is how Josh greeted Danny this evening as he walked in the door after an extra long day at work. Danny looked at me and asked with a sigh, "did you hit something?" Why would that be his first thought? I don't know. I did have something to tell him, I just thought maybe I would wait until he had been home for more than two seconds. Josh , still shouting, told Danny that at baseball tryouts this evening, I said he (Danny) would coach his (Josh's) baseball team. Which is basically what I did. But I would have liked a chance to explain the whole story. Usually when I just volunteer Danny for things, without checking with him first, it doesn't turn out very well, but I figured this time it would be ok. My explanation went something like this... I didn't say you would coach I said you would be an assistant coach and I said it so we could be on Dave and Jack and Kenny's team Dave and Jack are going to be the coaches you just get to help and that way Josh can be on the same team as Trey Spencer and Damon and you did sign up for the shift you are on so you could be around for some baseball right, then I took a breath and smiled, and everything was all right. Maybe he was just relieved to know I didn't hit something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
funny!
Didn't hit something? And I thought the story was going to end with a pregnancy. :)
That's so AWESOME!!! We get to see each other again.
Post a Comment