Friday, January 8, 2010

Hard Headed? I guess not!

For all his stubbornness apparently Ryan's head really isn't that hard. Yesterday at school he had a crazy accident. He was walking, someone else was running by, somehow they got tangled, he tripped, she was still running, and her knee came up and hit him in the side of the head. Hard. He didn't tell anyone, just spent the last two periods of the day with a really bad headache, while seeing funny spots. He called me to come get him after school when he started feeling sick to his stomach, and realized he wasn't going to make it through basketball. By the time I got there, he was laying on the bricks by the flagpole, and couldn't open his eyes because the light hurt too much. We got home, and I called our pediatrician to see if I could get him in. She is out of the office until next week, they recommended urgent care. So we headed for Northwest Urgent Care, because I like that one, even though it is on the far side of Bakersfield. And I know where all the hospitals are between here and there if he suddenly got worse. By the time the Dr. saw him, he was feeling somewhat better. The Dr. said watch him for 24 hours, gave me a head injury information sheet, and said bring him back tomorrow to follow up. He stayed home from school today, he is still a little pale, but says he his head doesn't really hurt and his eyes are okay.

1 comment:

Karrie said...

Ah, sweet concussions. I've had several. Not so much fun when it's your kid though... I'd much rather have one myself than watch one of them get one.