Sunday, November 15, 2009

Who's your hero?

When you have a houseful of boys the answer to that question usually involves Daddy. Right??
Caleb says some very funny things... and maybe you will only see the humor in this story if you are a cop, or are married to one, or have a dad that was one, and a sister that is one, and cousins that... okay you get the picture.
Caleb: Hey Mommy, what if (this is his favorite phrase lately)... what if Daddy wanted to be a fireman?
Me: Then I guess he would be a fireman.
Caleb: Ya, but then he would have to quit being a policeman, huh?
Me: Well yes, but he likes being a policeman, why would he want to be a fireman?
Caleb: 'cuz firemen, they're HEROS!
Me: But so are police officers.
Caleb: I know, but firemen are better heros.
Me: Really? (who have you been talking to?)
Then I called Danny, who was busy being a sort of hero, at work. And I told on my four year old. Laughing. Just so you know, there are no firemen in our family, not one.

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Maybe Caleb will be our first one???? :) (Fireman) What a fun earlier morning chuckle!

Dany said...

you know Cori those fireman ARE hero's. I promise he hasn't been talkking to me.

Karrie said...

My Ryan would say he's probably been talking to the hose draggers.

But that's only because he's a teeny tiny bit jealous that they get paid to sleep.

Ricecake said...

Caleb better not be a hose dragger.