Friday, November 13, 2009

Dogs

I have crazy dogs. They get excited when they hear us driving up and start wrestling with each other. I always wonder if they are showing off or just trying to get attention. There have been many times I have thought they were going to get hit. I say if they are too stupid to get out of the way, too bad for them. We live on a couple of acres, with no fence, at the end of a dirt road. They stay within the boundaries and are generally safe (aside from the occasional snake or bobcat). Today when I picked Ryan up from basketball it was still light out. The dogs came running straight towards my parking space, but instead of veering off like normal, they just kept coming. They were too involved in their wrestling game to see how close I was. I slammed on my breaks, (I was going like 2 mph, not much slamming really). Big THUMP. Ahh. I jumped out of the car and they acted like nothing happened. They couldn't even stop playing long enough to let me see if they were really okay. How inconsiderate! Ryan was still in the car and didn't realize what happened. I hit my dogs today. Both of them. With my car. At least I know they're tough, but I don't think they learned anything.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Silly dogs....I can picture the whole thing by your very good and detailed story....bet your heart beat did a double beat!

Watsonville said...

I fear the same thing happening one day but with my two boys instead of two dogs. How do you do it?