Thursday, November 19, 2009

Go Joshy!

Thursday mornings I can usually be found in Josh's classroom. Not today. Yesterday right before Danny left for work he got a call from the Subpoena Control Officer about his court case this morning. I took the message but still didn't realize until about 11:00 last night that meant he wouldn't be home this morning to watch Caleb, (If I had been thinking earlier I would have made sure he could go to a friends house). Not a big deal really. Then at 8:13 the phone rang, it was Josh's teacher, letting me know Josh was getting an award this morning (at the assembly starting in 7 minutes). I was still in jammies with really good looking bed head (yes that is how I drive my kids to school, if ya lived here you would understand just how okay that is).The letter that was supposed to come home on Monday ended up in one of the other student's cubby, and never got to us. Now if I had been where I was supposed to be, that wouldn't be a problem. I hurried and got ready then headed for the school. Caleb and I made it just in time ...meaning right before Josh's teacher took the stage.

Josh was awarded the "Principal's Award" for excellence in academic achievement and citizenship. He also got his report card this week, and is doing very well. The only thing he needs to work on is taking a little more time to double check his work. He is in such a hurry to be done first (a little competitive, maybe?) that he doesn't always check for simple mistakes. We are very proud of him, and pleased with how hard he works.

2 comments:

Karrie said...

Go Josh! Way to be a smartypants!

Grandma said...

So proud of Josh!!!!