Friday, September 25, 2009

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Seriously. Maybe it will be cooler, maybe we'll have some rain (ha) and the lake won't look like a giant mud puddle. I know in my little head we have weeks more of heat, but man I don't know if I can take it! Watching the news the other day I heard, in our area, summer is the longest season (I know that was a tough one) and fall is the shortest. I love fall, it's my favorite, and someday I will go places that have true fall, and see the leaves turn and feel the chill in the air, and need more than a sweatshirt in the evenings. I think I could live with a full year of fall. Ahhh dreamin.

3 comments:

Karrie said...

I bet if you went to Boston RIGHT NOW you could see some fall trees.

I love fall, too. A break from the heat before my feet start to be frozen... I also love, love, love the rain, and I wonder if it's because we don't get much of either that makes me love it so much.

Our lake looks terrible. I laughed the other day when I followed a ski boat up the canyon. The lake has to be like 30 feet across and 2 feet deep. It looks so sad. I wonder if it's even fun- I'd be worried about running my boat ashore.

Michelle said...

Fall is my favorite too! Summer is ok when you can spend it by the water but other than that, the heat can take a hike! I'm ready to wear jeans and sweats all the time! Rain would be nice......not getting my hopes up for that one. That is one of my goals too. To go back east where they really have fall. My mom went to connecticut for her honeymoon in oct. and the pictures were gorgeous!! Let's pack up and head out......think anyone would miss us?

Grandma said...

It's suppose to cool off a little bit this week. :}