Monday, September 21, 2009

I took Ryan to the Dr. today. He is still not feeling very good, and the cough and stuffy nose aren't getting any better. He threw up again Saturday, and ended up sitting in the stands for his game. The stomach thing was just some nasty bug, and she put him on allergy medication for the other stuff. She said it might make him drowsy (Is that a draw back I ask), sure enough he fell asleep on the way home. So maybe he'll be taking it before bed. She said that was fine. But, I wonder, does it change the effectiveness at all?
Zachary decorated a cake for the Fair, he made a big red barn. I'm told it turned out well. We made all the fondant and frosting here, then he took it and did the decorating in Home Ec. He left his phone home that day and couldn't take a picture, I have no idea what it ended up looking like.
While we were mixing up the fondant Caleb wanted to help. Then he informed me his friend wants a cake, and he needs to make it. When I asked who his friend was, he said he didn't remember but the cake had to be done "tomorrow". The next day we made a cake, I told Caleb it was okay to want a cake for himself, that made him happy. I wondered what he would have done if I packed it up to take to a friend. We made a rainbow cake. We were out of fondant, but he was fine with frosting and sprinkles.

Josh needs more sleep. He is grouchy when he gets home from school.
I am going to stay for lunch on Thursday when I go help in his class, because his lunch table keeps getting in trouble and the teacher asked if a few parents could take turns coming to lunch this week. It's not him specifically (he says he only got talked to once) but they sit by class, and his is mostly boys. I know how boys behave at the table...especially when they are with buddies and there is no Mom sitting there.

5 comments:

Renée said...

I want to see more pictures of these beautiful cakes! And did I read correctly that you make your own fondant? I can do frosting in my sleep, but fondant? I'm so impressed!

CJacks said...

I can't wait to see what my baby shower cake is going to look like! I'm so excited!

Grandma said...

Hope everyone is feeling better...Ryan? I think I had to go to a few classes to hang out many years ago. Really to bad Zach didn't get a pic of his cake.
Caleb's cake is so cute...creative way to get a cake :).... I am excited to see what Cynthia's cake is going to look like too.

Karrie said...

Nothing to do with your post, but go here for easier to understand camera stuff:

http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/photography/

and then go play with your camera. I don't suggest playing with it when you want actually get pictures,like at a game,because if you are anything like me, most will be crappy at first. To begin with, go to her basic photgraphy tab on the left, and then click on "what the heck?"

Have a happy thursday!

Grandma said...

thanks for the "photography" tip
Karrie.