I copied this from Zachary's blog because I was not home when it all happened. If anyone is keeping count (besides me) this is number three in the year and 1 month that we've lived here. All rattlesnakes, no nice ones.
I was getting tools out of the shed to start the pinewood derby car when, Aurora, our black lab came dashing around the corner and started barking at a Rattlesnake, but I thought she was barking at me. So I stick the key into the lock, when I finally hear the rattles I look down and see a snake about 2 feet long, almost a foot away from me! So I hightail it inside yelling at Aurora and Red to get inside. Good thing I know where the pellet gun is and how to cock it. So I load a pellet and go outside to shoot it. As I'm aiming my dad drives up looking at me like "What are you doing with that?" so I start pointing and he finally sees it. So I take aim again after telling him the story and pull the trigger. Dramatic pause.
I miss the head by about an inch and snap the neck. So I run back in to load another pellet. The snake is wounded just enough to cut it's head off with the hula hoe. Caleb got to keep the rattles. No pictures, sorry.
We will only kill the snakes that come right up close to the house, just in case anyone is thinking we are mean snake killers.
4 comments:
Awesome that Zach kept his head with the snake so close to him!
You gotta pretty level headed son!
To many snakes, in a short amount of time!
Might be a good thing that you weren't home...Zac seems to know what to do and that's great! And the way you wrote about it is great! So glad I don't have to deal with that!!
Mean snake killer???? Is that a REAL thing? I would be too busy tryng to drag Jim's lifeless body into the house to kill the snake...
Post a Comment