They survived! Sort of (one bike didn't make it) at least no Search and Rescue was called. I picked up boys and gear around noon today, and realized I would much rather be a passenger on that drive, I couldn't enjoy the scenery and views the way I really wanted to, I had to watch the road!
Zachary was not as dirty as I expected and already has a load of laundry going. He enjoyed himself (like always), I think his favorite activities were rafting, canoeing, and eating.They had a paintball shooting competition he did really well in. He finished one Merit Badge and is close on another. He was ready to come home, which is a little unusual, I think that kid would live in the mountains with just a knife and sleeping bag if we let him. He is pretty tired, and there was some discord in the troop (not surprising, I miss our old troop). I am thankful they made it out alive.
I can't decide how I feel about this; he had his cell phone with him, and managed when he had signal, to text the girl he likes, but not us. What am I chopped liver? Of course I never texted or called him either, I didn't want to bug him!
4 comments:
what do you expect at his age girls are way more important than mom... sorry Cori but you'll have to get used to it.
Zachary is a true "mountain boy". So glad he had a good time. Imagine that he texted a "girl" and not his parents! Pictures?
Sounds like a real fun drive...anything thing like the drive to Big Meadow?
I CALLED Jordyn, not text her. The only reason I took my phone is because Jordyn and I are going out and I had been expecting signal up there. And I had to hike about a half mile from camp just to call her and about 70% of that hike was uphill
wow,that's devotion.
Post a Comment