Sometimes I look back over a week and wonder were the days went. Unfortunately days like today are fairly typical, at least when I write it down I can look back and realize this is why I feel like I don't do enough at home. Very simply it's because I don't!
- Caleb went back to the Dr. today for a follow up on his ear. She had to flush out the crusty blood/wax build up to get a good look. The two areas she saw last week have healed, but it looks like he did hit his ear drum, and that is not healed yet. So we are keeping up the ear drops, and still no swimming... okay yes, we cheat on that one, isn't that what ear plugs are for? We walked out of the office and got to the car. Where Josh did not want Caleb getting in the door on his side, and closed it. Really fast. With Caleb's fingers in it. I debated going back into the office for an ice pack, but decided to get one at the store because that was next on our list of things to do. Caleb stopped crying in about a minute and his fingers look okay.
- We visited the Woodruffs, the boys played and played, then when it was time to go Caleb told me to go ahead and just leave them. I was very tempted, but forced them to come home anyway.
- Zachary woke up to an empty house wondering where everyone had gone. I didn't leave him a note, he never sees them when I do. He had to text and ask us were we went.
- I felt like a pretty mean spirited person for the first 20 minutes of my drive home. We stopped for gas at the Shell on Rosedale Hwy by 99, there was a woman standing with her little boy, holding a sign asking for help. The rest of the family(dad and two more kids) were sitting in the car in the parking lot. My immediate thoughts were, "maybe I would help them, but, she is standing there smoking, if they need so much help why are they buying cigarettes? and using their son like that to play on people's sympathy, makes me sad for him but I don't want to give them anything". After I left my thoughts went a little more like this... "maybe she is smoking because she is stressed out because she has no family or friends that can help them, and maybe her little boy was just tired of sitting in the car and wanted to get out and sit in the shade. The kids were all clean, the car was older but also clean. If you get to the point you are willing to make a sign and stand out there asking for help you probably really need it. Maybe I should turn around and go give them something. Except I don't have anything, but a handful of change." So I didn't turn around. I hope if anyone else noticed them today they were more compassionate than I.
2 comments:
there was sombody that gave her money. it must have been alot cause she screamed, hugged him, and cried
It's ok Cori, I make it up for you. I can't tell you how many people I've helped this year. Sometimes only a handful of change or a bag of chips they're always grateful.
Post a Comment