Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I drove a load of boys and gear up to camp today. They are camping not far from here, at an old boy scout camp that was recently sold and hasn't been maintained in years. "Primitive" camping is way more fun than sleeping all snug in a cabin (okay, maybe in some body's mind, like Zachary's). One of the things that really bugged me as a teenager was, the girls got Big Meadow for camping and the boys got Camp Kern. Now life is finally almost balanced! The area is beautiful and some of the views on the drive up were breath taking. I stopped on my way back out to take a few pictures. I couldn't stop on my way up because, 1. I had no idea where I was going and needed to stay with the group, and 2. one of the boys kept saying "oh my ggggosh" every time he looked up from his video game, I did not want to scare him anymore by pulling over and getting out.
I imagine by the end of the week we may all need a reminder that they were clean when they left.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

They all look so "ready" for this great adventure...and will come back with tales to tell!