Caleb is going to make me crazy. Crazier than I already am. Scout camp outs are hazardous to his health. Yes he is only four, and yes, I should have years before I have to worry about it. I see a pattern emerging and I think I am wise to be concerned. Ryan was on a camp out the night Caleb fell and needed stitches in his cheek. Today, less than an hour after I got home from taking Zachary up to scout camp, Caleb decided he needed to use a Q-tip to clean out his ear. He came running out of my room crying and holding his ear. I asked if he poked it with something, he said he didn't know. I finally peeled his hand away and saw blood. Not a lot, but there is not supposed to be any blood in ears. I called our Doctor to try and get him in before they closed, (I hate the how soon can you get here question). They waited for us, I love Dr. Kumari, I really do. So thankfully no trip to the hospital. He didn't damage his ear drum, just cut his ear canal in two different places. He can't swim, and has ear drops to take twice a day, for a week. See?? Crazy here!
And I will not be shocked if Search and Rescue gets called to come look for lost scouts this week. But that is all I have to say about that for the moment.
4 comments:
I hope you enjoyed your little get away yesterday..I loved Dr. Kumari when you younger girls all went to her! Not many calm moments when you are the mother of 4 very active boys! But, I remember an active little girl,and her big brother, that have an ear story. Since I have heard the scout story already, I will keep my eye on the local news, see if there are any stories about about "lost" scouts this week :).
You are freaking me out! NO SEARCH AND RESCUE PLEASE! It would be for my son, I just KNOW it!
Well, at least the search and rescue guys are good. And Danny would be one of the first to know all the details... one of the perks, I guess. At least they will be well fed, but I promise NOTHING when it comes to when they have to cook for themselves. I'm just glad I'm not a leader! As long as the boys stick to where they are supposed to be, they should be fine. Although, there is the rafting part of it... as long as they stay IN the boat, right? They will be fine! I gauruntee they will stink, with no running water I have no idea the quality of their showers. Good thing they are rafting, it may be the only time they get rinsed. GROSS!
And way to keep your kid out of the hospital! Stay away from the hospital...
Wow, you are having a crazy summer. I'm just stuck at home because Matt's truck is still in Utah. He just spent five days at my parents and it's still not running. Needless to say, I have no car so I'm going a little crazy myself.
Post a Comment