Monday, June 1, 2009

Our weekend

Friday afternoon Josh, Caleb, and I headed to Christine's and Madison's for Madison's birthday. The party was Saturday but we went early so I could make the cake without having to transport it, see the new house, and hang out.
Zachary and Ryan were taking the "Hunter Safety Class" over the weekend and had to stay home. They both passed, now they can get hunting licenses!
The party was lots of fun, Kayla and Brett were there, everyone played in the pool and on the slip-n-slide.

The theme was Dora because Madison loves her right now. I made a "Backpack" cake. She liked it so much she wanted to put it on.


Sunday was a nice day. (Other than the flying tackle across the pew and me having to lift Caleb off of Josh. I stepped out for a moment, as I walked back in I saw Caleb launch himself at Josh but I wasn't close enough to stop him). I took a Sunday afternoon nap which really makes up for just about everything!
Now that the weekend is over... I've spent most of today trying to catch up on my house from the neglect it suffered last week. I was at school every day. (Except for Monday which was a holiday). Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were spent setting up and taking down graduation decorations. Danny, Caleb, and I went to Josh's "Sprinkler Day" on Friday, the last day of school. I wish I had taken my camera, Danny looked like the Pied Piper playing tag with the kids in the sprinklers.
Summer is really here!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Cori, you make the best cakes ever. I may have to hire you at my next party! lol There is one problem though.....they look too good to eat!

Grandma said...

Great Pictures! Wish you had had your camera at the "sprinkler" party and at church! Keep the camera close for these summer months.

Dany said...

I can't believe that cake, it looks so real!

Laurie said...

That cake is awesome! You are so talented! I'm going to hire you to do all my birthday cakes!

The Hogue's said...

Love the cake, you really do a great job. Instead of hiring you, you will just have to teach me. I would love to learn how to make them.

BushlingX7 said...

we need a lesson on how to make those great cakes!

Karrie said...

Cute cake!

Renée said...

LOVE the cake!! I can't believe that is edible. Did you take a class or just figure out this talent all on your own? -- Just amazing!!

Grammy said...

Just on my own, trial and error mostly. i do want to take classes...someday.