Thursday, May 28, 2009

Graduation


Zachary graduated from 8th grade on Wednesday, May 27, 2009. He is sooo ready to move on to High School. I think I have a slight mental block about that still, my brain just stutters to a stop when I try to picture the next four years! I am not ready. When I was pregnant with him I really wanted a boy, a big brother all his future siblings could look up to. He has filled that roll amazingly well. He is strong and dependable, and he just knows so much. Thinking back to our very first parent/teacher conference in kindergarten, I can remember Mr. Smee pointing out the fact that Zachary is willing to play with any of the kids in the class, but if they are doing something he doesn't want to he just won't join in. He was fine being on his own. He is still like that. Of course his teacher also said his writing skills aren't great and probably never will be, but he has enough other strengths that it's not a big deal. (Mr. Smee said we could blame it on his kindergarten teacher at any future conferences when it came up.) That also still holds true! Maybe all he needs to know, he really did learn in kindergarten. We are so proud of Zachary as he moves past this milestone in life. We are looking forward to watching all that his future holds and are thankful we are a part of it!

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Zachary is a great young man.

Dany said...

I almost cried! Zach is such a good boy!

Karrie said...

Wow!

You don't seem old enough to have a highschooler.

Michelle said...

It WAS a long week. I am so glad that it is over! Glad and sad at the same time, although I'm glad I had no time for tears that day. Can you believe high school?? I'm glad that we have gotten to know eachother. That neverending week was much better with friends. Congrats to Zach and Tanessa and the rest of the 8th grade class!