Monday, April 20, 2009

Buggin' out

They lurk by the door waiting for a chance to swoop in. They don't do anything, they're just there, annoying, pesky little bugs. We have thousands of Mosquito Hawks (we've always called them that, but they are actually Crane Flies) invading our yard and getting in the house. Really they don't DO anything, and they are not considered pests. They don't eat mosquitoes, in fact as adults they feed on nectar or nothing. When they get in the house this is our solution, Danny and the boys love it! Hello vacuum, bye bye bugs.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey, we do that with the flies!

BushlingX7 said...

I don't care if you bring me hard concrete proof I will always tell myself that these bugs eat mosquitos. That way I wont care if they are in my house.

Karrie said...

Please tell me that they next vacuumed the floor. It would give me hope.

Grammy said...

Marcie-- I did research, and really those bugs are only good for bird food!
Karrie-- Danny vacuums the floor before he works out, and Caleb thinks it's fun to run the vacuum all over. There is hope :)

Grandma said...

Great father--son activity...such bonding time!!! :)