Monday, March 23, 2009

Farewell loyal little friend...

I don't think I am ready for this goodbye. I took for granted all the time and all the energy you gave! How many times did I leave you sitting alone and neglected? You have been by my side, for over fourteen years. I know the last straw was the sparkly, shiny, brand new Kitchen Aid mixer sitting on the counter. You must have seen it the last time I pulled you out of that dark cupboard, where you had been shoved back on the bottom shelf. If I had known it was going to break your poor heart I would have thrown a towel over it or something, anything to keep it hidden. You worked so hard right up until you just stopped. Thank you for all the cakes, and brownies, and cookies, the frosting, the whipped cream, the meringue, the mashed potatoes and rolls and oh so much more you were willing to share with us. I will miss you my sweet little wedding gift! Goodbye poor hand mixer, goodbye.

3 comments:

CJacks said...

Oh that's so cute!!! very funny Cori I love it!!!

Grandma said...

Oh, how sad...we do get attached to things, especially those things we use so often! That little mixer did last a long time!

Anonymous said...

okay so how did you get it to last so long? I always went through mixers every few months is seemed...until I got my Kitchen Aid...so sweet...thanks for making me smile!!