Sunday, March 22, 2009

Post Play thoughts...

It's finished, done, over! I don't know if it went well or not, I'm guessing yes, no one said "Wow that was an hour of my life I won't be getting back!" Whatever the true outcome for others (I have trouble believing people when they say, good job, about anything I do), I know I learned some things over the past few months. My mom was there with her camera of course, and I took these from her blog (I know I do that a lot).

The view of the stage from the far corner, where my family was sitting.

This was after everything was done, the play and dinner, and some cleaning up...

Ten things I've learned over the last few months:

1. It's okay to take a flying leap out of your comfort zone occasionally. If it doesn't kill you it'll make you stronger.
2. Trying to "act" and portray a character that is exactly like yourself is harder than it seems. Admitting you are anything like a foolish, procrastinating, forgetful woman is even harder.
3. As some of those traits have become more obvious to me I've had to work harder to overcome them, and pride keeps getting in the way. So next time anybody hears me say "I just forgot" pinch me or something.
4. When someone approaches me with an idea they would like me to be involved in, I should really check to see how much time and work it will take, and then run it by Danny before I say yes.
5. My older boys can be extremely helpful, not always to me, but as long as they are helpful to someone, I can think I'm doing something right.
6. I consider myself a pretty shy, and kind of awkward person, one of the reasons I said yes to this whole thing was... being new to the area I thought it would be a fun way to get to know people ... I was right, and I don't feel new anymore.
7. I should have taken the opportunity to sing in the ward choir, in every ward I've been in, then maybe I would have a clue about music. But I didn't and I don't think that is going to change.
8. I am a ginormous goofball, and it only gets worse when I am nervous, or uncomfortable.
9. I am a daughter of God and he loves me. (I knew this but every now and then a reminder is good)
10. Being prepared is essential, in all we do.

6 comments:

Angie Thompson said...

Can I just say that you are awesome? I am so glad that you joined us in this production and you have to believe that you were amazing because you got the point across. Well done Scuttle! (and yes, he was definitely the star!)

Karrie said...

Why didn't anyone tell me I looked like a big ol' tent?

Laurie said...

I'm glad it went well. Sorry we missed it. Conner decided to come down with the flu. We sure had fun with you guys a couple of weeks ago. We'll have to do that again sometime soon!

Renée said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renée said...

Hi Cori-- I am so lame-- I noticed a typo in my comment so I tried to fix it and deleted the entire thing. What I said was: You are an amazing lady. We miss you so much here. I loved your comment about your boys being helpful to others and that means you might be doing something right. That is a good thought and one I will try to remember. Thanks for being a Mom that "knows". xox

Grandma said...

What a wonderful experience. I was a very "proud" mother...so amazing to watch a daughter do something way out of her comfort zone...and do it well!