Friday, February 6, 2009

This has been one of those weeks... I feel like I've accomplished very little. We've had something going on nearly every night, and since I work best in the evening my house is looking rather neglected. More so than usual! We are leaving in the morning for a short trip, and I am at that point, you know the one when you wonder if all the planning and preparation is really worth it for a couple of days. The kids get to visit the grandmas and Danny I get to sleep in! So of course it'll be worth it. I hope I get some nice pictures, I know I haven't posted many lately but there are no guarantees with the weather.
This week: only half the family has been sick, and other than Caleb's cough I think everyone is doing better. Josh visited the dentist and had a massive amount of work done, I don't know why he isn't complaining still, I know I would be. Ryan had two basketball games and a just for fun (but don't tell them that) tournament with the other middle school. Zachary grew a couple more inches... okay not really but he still shocks me sometimes when he walks in the room. I went to book club, practiced singing, went to Y/W, practiced singing, drove the kids all over the place, and practiced singing... Danny had a birthday, took his new motorcycle on a ride with some friends(had lots of fun), got sick and worked. See why I feel I've accomplished nothing?

6 comments:

Grandma said...

with a week like that.... you deserve a few days off with your husband..and sleeping in for a couple of mornings.... :) (if you look at the fine print you accomplished a lot this past week).
You kept track of 5 boys..drove hundreds of miles, practiced singing, etc, etc, etc.

The Hogue's said...

It's never ending until the kids are all grown and out of the house. You forgot about doing genealogy at Dany's house and of course going to lunch with your husband before that.

rhino rific said...

IT WASN'T JUST 4 FUN!!!!!

Karrie said...

We missed you at play practice! Actually, it was probably only me, because you are my buddy in the last part- we have to interact. I hate acting. You need to come back!

Hope your trip was nice. Instead of sleeping in, I'm going to bed before 8pm tonight. That way when my kids wake me up at 6am, it will feel like I slept in. I hope.

Ricecake said...

I'm having fun over here

Dany said...

Lunch and geneology was a whole day, and you didn't even mention it! (as I go practice singing)