Monday, February 9, 2009

Home again, Home again...

Well we are all home again, not quite ready to be, and life goes on. Danny and I spent the weekend at the coast. We went shopping, saw our friends Lori and Mike, visited the pier in Pismo (where we saw a group from South Fork Middle School, I promise we weren't really stalking Toni),went out to dinner, took a long walk to Avila Beach, which was deserted (how nice for us) and wandered around.
We stayed at the Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa in Avila. The rooms all have their own hot tubs, you can get one with mineral water or one with fresh water. When I was booking the trip I thought the mineral water sounded nice, it's supposed to be good for your skin... Lesson for me, people may have been going to mineral hot springs to enjoy their restorative powers for thousands of years, but that doesn't mean it'll be good for me! After sitting in the water for a few minutes my legs started to tingle and burn, and out I hopped, racing for the shower, my legs stayed a bright sunburn red for a few hours and my skin was tender until the next morning. As I already avoid large bodies of fresh water (lakes) for much the same reason I should have been more cautious. We called the front desk to request a room with a fresh water hot tub the next morning, we ended up in a much nicer room... and if I ever get the chance to go back I know right where I want to stay. Set across the road from the main hotel buildings is a small group of bungalows called "West Meadows", that is where we ended up. Quiet, peaceful, secluded and did I mention...quiet!
Sunday night we were late getting back to our room and it was pouring. We could have had one of the bellman drive us over but where is fun in that? We crossed the bridge in the rainy darkness ... I love rain, so personally I thought it was a great way to end the night.
Ahhh, now back to life, back to reality!Thanks Moms and sisters for helping with our boys!

4 comments:

Grandma said...

So glad you both had such a good time! It was our pleasure to have the boys come stay with us.

Dany said...

SO SO SO glad your back! You have been so missed! I even drove down the canyon just to get a glimps of your truck! Looks beautiful and so relaxing and fun. Lucky.. and you didn't miss much at practice, but let me just say... I NEED YOU BACK!

Ricecake said...

I had a lot of fun with josh, josh and jacob

Laurie said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm glad you got to enjoy some quiet time together. It's always nice to get away, and always hard to come back to the real world.