Thursday, February 26, 2009

Here, There, Everywhere...

In the last 8 days, between the two of us, Danny and I have made 7 trips to Bakersfield. Now before you yell at me for not calling I have to say none of them were just for fun, most of mine were Dr. or Dentist appts. and then the rush to get home before school got out or basketball started. Ryan was home all last week with a cold/flu and then a throat infection. We had two rehearsals instead of one this week and probably should have one everyday! But then our families would be even more neglected and that might cause a little bit of unhappiness. I
like that sports rotate just as you start getting bored, Ryan's last two basketball games were this week. They won the last one, which pulled us out of last place (woohoo!) The three older boys are all signed up for baseball, well Josh is doing T-ball again and he won't let me call it baseball, because it is just not the same mom!
I got my hair trimmed the other day, and now it feels much better (and looks better too, but I think I'm the only one that can tell) my bangs are pretty short, she fixed them for me because I trim them myself when they get too long. Then she told me she offers free bang trims in between cuts so I don't need to do that anymore. The stylist asked if I minded if she used "product" before she started trimming (because it's very obvious I don't use any). I think the stylist can put whatever she wants in it, it'll look great for two hours and then be right back to normal so why bother. She was very impressed that my hair color is natural and that I've never colored it, she was also AMAZED that I have no gray! I think that was supposed to make me feel good, but it didn't, I just thought " do I look like I should have gray hair?" and no I didn't say a word about having four boys!
While I"m thinking about hair... Josh walked out of the house this morning looking sad, and said "Mom I wish I had curly hair." (I have boys they aren't supposed to care about stuff like that) and then Ryan said "so do I"
Now I'm going to stop babbling, because I really don't have anything to say but it's been so long since I blogged I had to say something!

5 comments:

Grandma said...

Whew! And no pics to back up any of this....no short bang pics, no pics of the mountains as a blurrrrr as you speed up and down the hills...Be sure and blog the baseball schedules...I think this may be the best place to tell us all...since you have no time for visits, phone calls or emailing. :)

Laurie said...

Ok, I waas going to yell at you for not coming to visit, but I won't. I'm glad to hear you are still alive. We really do need to go to lunch sometime. I miss my friend!

Karrie said...

Some weeks are like that for us- we have spent much money and time going to Bako. I think the worst is when you both go, separately. This week is shaping up to be "one of those weeks"- with lots of trips to Bako. Yesteday, today, Thursday, and I have to make a Dr. appt in there somewhere. And then when we go- there is usually no time for friends or visiting because you are trying to get everything done and back home at a decent hour. Unless you devote the entire trip to visits, and then in the back of your mind you are thinking "I should stop at Target while I'm here for _____ or else it will be a week before I get here again and it'll cost half as much..." I guess it's part of living up here.

JOY said...

Where's the pic of the new hairdo??

Watsonville said...

I was just thinking about you this morning! Thinking that it's been a long time since I've seen or talked to you. You need to devote a day just to come down and play! Hope all is well with you and the medical stuff!