Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What is the definition of mistake??

I copied the following from an article I just read titled " Daschle withdraws from nomination over tax mistake"... I agree it is stunning... stunning that it's called a mistake and not tax evasion!

"The stunning Daschle development came less than three hours after another Obama nominee also withdrew from consideration, and also over tax problems. Nancy Killefer, nominated by Obama to be the government's first chief performance officer, said she didn't want her bungling of payroll taxes on her household help to be a distraction.
Daschle is the third high-profile Obama nominee to bow out. Obama tapped Bill Richardson to be Commerce secretary, but the New Mexico governor withdrew amid a grand jury investigation into a state contract awarded to his political donors. Obama named Republican Sen. Judd Gregg of New Hampshire to the position Tuesday.
Last week, the Senate confirmed Timothy Geithner as treasury secretary, but only after days of controversy over the fact that he had only belatedly paid $34,000 in income taxes."


...And here is my opinion, maybe if Obama could get all his buddies to actually pay their taxes we could have a balanced budget. Obviously it is a big problem, What's that saying "For every rat you see there are a 100 more?" (I don't think it's 100, but that suits my purpose so I'll go with it) If I owed that much in back taxes I'm pretty sure someone would be coming after me, but I guess politicians have their own rules.

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Great thoughts....and very true... I would be very willing to vote you into public office!

Krissy said...

Amen, sister!! It is beyond ridiculous. I have known people that get in trouble with taxes, and the gov makes their life a living He**!

Anonymous said...

I agree...live by a different set of laws, which is not fair to us who do get in trouble for the same thing that they are doing. How is that fair? If we even knew half of what is going on with our public officals...

Renée said...

Cori for Governor!