Happy New Year! I'm hoping my day is simply an aberration and doesn't foretell the coming year in any way. I have yet to see Danny in 2009, sad I know. But really my fault since I choose to stay in Bakersfield last night and visit with my sister and her family who were here from Texas. I didn't quite make it home (as planned) before he went to work! I think planning is over rated anyway...something always comes up.
I found a tick on the back of Caleb's head early this morning. I'm pretty sure he got it hiking behind our house the other day. I will be checking the boys a little more carefully from now on! I spent part of the day in urgent care with him, because I didn't get the whole thing out when I tried. Let me just say a really big EWW!! I don't like bugs, and when they attach themselves to you it really freaks me out (gives me nightmares even)! I think I kept the screaming in my head and reacted fairly calmly so that I didn't scare him. He took my telling him he had a bug in his skin pretty well, he proceeded to tell me when he thought it had moved, saying "Mommy, now it's in my hand", and then elbow and then knee. He thought it was funny. Even though I knew it was dead by then and there was only a little tiny bit left, I had visions of the beetles in "The Mummy". I hate that movie!
So here I am wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy 2009!
2 comments:
Ooh, that can't be good. Although it doesn't compare to the time I went to girls camp in Missouri and found 27 ticks after going on our 1/2 mile hike. YUCK! Hope your new years gets off to a better start.
27?!? I think I may very well be sick, and have more nightmares!
Post a Comment