Monday, January 5, 2009

Caleb Tales

You know, there are some days when your kids just make you laugh, Caleb has been in a really funny mood the last couple of days. I'm not sure if it is because he started "big kid" church yesterday (he moved from Nursery up to Primary) or maybe just because his brothers finally went back to school. Last night he decided he was ready for bed and came over to tell me...
Caleb: " Mommy, I's tired, see I has dirtbags."
Me: "You have what?"
Caleb: "Dirtbags, see unders my eyes, right here" as he jabs a finger under his eye.
I guess he is picking up on one of Daddy's favorite words (used to describe people he deals with in the course of his work) and maybe he has heard me refer to the tired, bags under the eyes, look parents sometimes have.
Also last night during dinner, he got very mad at me, turned and said;
"You are Mr. Nebacracka"
"WHO?"
Zachary cleared it up for me... You know Mom that mean old man from Monster House...
Caleb: "Yeah he yells at awl da kids "Git away frum ma house" hims reawy mean."
So I guess I'm not meanie mama anymore.
And today, in the car he spun an amazing tale about bobcats, bears and monsters fighting our dogs, Red and Aurora. There was flying and roaring and hiding, I wish I could have recorded it. I think that story actually started with a factual base. The whole Red vs. a bobcat incident last week seems to have stuck with him.
Anyway, I am thankful for kids who make me laugh!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Oh, so much more fun to have kids that make you laugh!!!! Enjoy these tales and times.

JOY said...

You gotta love boyz!

Laurie said...

That's so cute! Kids are so funny sometimes.