Thursday, January 29, 2009

Is it a bomb? or just a break?

We are late for school quite often. Not always tardy but close. Today I found that is not always such a bad thing (think silver lining here, or me justifying). We were almost to school when we heard school was "currently closed due to suspicious circumstances", and parent drop offs were being turned around. Now I don't think I would have panicked if my kids were on the bus, but first thing in the morning just seems chaotic enough, without the added bomb threat. Since we were late my kids were still with me, and I had no cause to worry...well about them. The rest of the school did get a thought as I turned around. No bomb was found and we are on a two hour delay. And who knows, we may be late to school after all!
Apparently the middle school was threatened, which I find a little odd. Our middle school right now is about a dozen portables packed into a parking lot, not a lot of space, so searching that shouldn't take very long. Which ever kid was looking forward to a day off didn't think out their plan very well! Of course any kid who thinks that is even a good idea isn't too bright. And maybe it wasn't a student, maybe it was a crazy, we do have a few of those up here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny... I remember having to go outside all the time for bomb threats at Tejon! At least we got to go outside longer...ofcourse now I would be worried because it's my kids and I know that there really are crazy people out there that would do something...as for being tardy...well I think my kids have the #1 spot for that!!

Grandma said...

Always interesting to see what is going on in the lives of my children by watching "breaking news" on my local TV station.
Nice picture of the "bomb squad".

Karrie said...

Probably a teacher. They wanted to sleep in.

We have several "bomb threats" at BC- always around finals...

Grammy said...

Just an intersting little side note to the day... the Jr. High Zachary went to last year (on the same St. as our house) was in lock down this afternoon!

rhino rific said...

there was actually a smoke grenade at the high school