Sunday, January 11, 2009

Again with the crazy phone calls

I think this is what I get for complaining. Last night I didn't feel so hot when I went to bed, it took me awhile (and some medicine) to convince my brain it really wanted to go to sleep. I think it was after one when I finally fell asleep. At 2:09 (yes a.m.) the phone rang! That is really not totally unusual in our house but Danny wasn't on call so I wasn't expecting any phone calls. I squinted at the phone, isn't caller ID great, didn't recognize the name but the number looked vaguely familiar. I answered, saying "hello?", and then to the silence that greeted me "Hello??" I think that is what I said, you know sometimes when you you are still half asleep the words coming out of your mouth don't sound right to your brain, I actually wondered if I was speaking English. (Yes that is the only language I speak, unless babblish counts).
Here is what happened: Zachary tried to call his cell phone yesterday (who knows why) and misdialed one digit. A jealous, freaked out girlfriend scrolling through her boyfriend's cell phone saw an unfamiliar number. Being a smart woman she waited until the middle of the night to call the number and see who answered. Oh no! It was me, the other woman!?!
Okay, honestly, everything I said after, Zachary tried to call his own cell phone and missed a number, is a figment of my imagination. What really happened is: I said hello twice, there was just silence and I hung up. I'll admit I have no idea who was on the other end, man, woman or child. I looked at the number again and, being more awake at this point, realized it was only one number different than Zac's, I thought he must have accidentally called it. I am nice though and did not wake him up to check (I waited 'til morning to ask), or call back the jerk who woke me up.
I think my story makes sense and I challenge anyone to come up with a better one!

5 comments:

Grandma said...

And what kind of medicine was it you took? :) So much for a good night's sleep! Does make an interesting blog entry.

Grammy said...

Just Day Quil, thats enough to put me to sleep! Anything stronger than that will really put me out!

Grandma said...

I know what that "drowsy" medicine does to you!!! Hope you had a good night's sleep last night....and no "crazy phone calls".

Dany said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes up stories for crazy things that happen in my life. I KNEW I wasn't crazy... oh wait, maybe you are just crazy too?????

Ricecake said...

I did mis dial and it went to her voice mail but i didnt leave a message after realizing that i had called her