Monday, November 17, 2008

The past few days have been very busy, I am not sure where I should start! I guess I will only go back as far as Friday...I'm not sure I can remember past then anyway. Friday evening we went horse back riding. I haven't been on a horse in more years than I care to think about and I don't think the boys have ever been riding. I was nervous but once I was on I had a lot of fun, and I am very glad no one took a picture of me trying to get on... I finally had to use a stump to get a leg up. I am not as flexible as I used to be. We went with our friends Jim and Dany, who were kind enough to share their horses and not laugh at us for looking silly. After wards we barbequed and sat around the fire talking. Our four kids and their four kids found plenty to entertain them and didn't ever come to tell us they were bored, which is quite a feat (at least with mine).
Me and Josh on Abby.
Saturday was a long day. We had a graveside service for Danny's dad and then went to his mom's for a family lunch. One of Larry's favorite flowers was the "peace rose" so in the arrangement from the kids we made sure they put some in. By the end of the afternoon this is what they looked like.
Danny's brother Tim wrote the eulogy and did an amazing job, both on the writing and the delivery. We were very glad Timmy was even able to be there. His ship is deployed in the Persian Gulf right now and it was an ordeal to get him here. I think the last week was crazy for me but it was nothing compared to how he and Kristina (his wife) must feel. They fly back to Virginia tomorrow and then he leaves to go back to his ship.
Sunday we had a family day at our house. Danny's mom, sister, brother and sister-in-law came up. The boys, yes all of them, big and little roamed the mountain side with airsoft guns. I didn't take any pictures (surprise surprise). The rest of us relaxed and laughed at them. We barbequed and then played Yahtzee. It is a good thing I am not competetive in any way because I was the loser of the night.
The last year has been stressful and upsetting to everyone, from those of us here trying to make the right decisions to those far away who had to hope we were doing the right thing. Being together without all that hanging over us was....I'm going to say nice or good, but I will probably come up with a better word later and change it.
Today Danny, Caleb and I took Danny's motorcycle out so he could ride for a while. Caleb took along an airsoft gun. I think they both had fun, and I did take some pictures. Yea Me!





3 comments:

Grandma said...

So glad you had some fun mixed in with the past few days.

Dany said...

We had a lot of fun Friday too! We will have to do it again soon, the campfire even made it nice. (even though it was an unseasonable 70 deg.)

Laurie said...

Well look at you on that horse! Good job! It makes me homesick. I haven't been on a horse for a long time either. It's either too cold, or the horsefly's are too bad to dare get on when I'm home.