Cassie and I needed to go out to the Wasco Cemetery and pick out a space for Larry. As soon as I dropped the boys off I headed down. We found a good spot, I think. There are some trees nearby and it's in a quiet area. From there we stopped at the florist and Target. I picked Danny up from training and went to the home Larry was in to pick up his stuff and drop off a "thank you" for the staff. I left there feeling really sad, his room was bare (I know that was the point of my picking up his stuff) it was really hard to walk in there, and I'm glad I was the one to do it, but that doesn't make it any easier.
Danny took over the driving from there. Thank goodness! If it seems like I'm telling this in a rush, it's because I still feel like I had to much Dr. Pepper today--and I really didn't. Danny knew there were going to be delays in the Canyon because of road work, I think that is why he wanted to drive...although it doesn't really matter why I'm just glad he did. We came around a blind corner and right in front of us was a long line of cars. Danny stopped in plenty of time, but the lady who came around 5 seconds later did not. This is what our truck looks like:



Perfectly fine! This is the second time that trailer hitch has taken a hit with no damage. The other person's car has a perfect square in the front bumper from the hitch but there was very little damage. Okay, all that is the background for this part of the story... Danny asked the lady if they were all okay, (yes)when traffic started moving again we headed to the next turn out to exchange info. When we pulled up to the guy holding the stop sign Danny stopped to tell him he might not want to let traffic back up that far, because we just got rear ended. The (insert mean word here) CALtrans guy responded by immediately getting defensive and saying there was nothing HE could do about it. Danny told him look all I'm saying is you might want to keep the lines a little shorter, and then the guy tells him "Well what do you want me to do? Call the CHP?" At this point I open my big mouth and say "He is the CHP" as soon as it was out of my mouth I knew Danny wanted to smack me. But the guy could have made his own life easier and not been so rude. At this point he says do you want to talk to my supervisor? (still being a jerk). Well of course Danny said, "yes I would, where can I wait for him?" Stop sign guy points to the next turn out (where we are headed anyway to exchange info). Right about then Danny's Sergeant comes around the corner... he is teaching the training class Danny is taking this week and was headed home. He asked some questions about what happened (he was kinda rude to the woman who hit us, but that's ok). Then the CALtrans supervisor shows up, he talked to the Sergeant and told him since it was in a construction zone we need a report. We were still on the Bakersfield side of the Canyon which means we had to wait for one of them to come up to take a report that nobody wanted...while we were waiting... the other involved party looks at Danny and says "Didn't you pull me over and tell me I need to take the tint off my windows a couple months ago?" ummm that would be a yes! and she hasn't taken the tint off, big surprise.
On top of all that, we were in a spot with no cell service. Josh was with a friend but the other two were home and Zachary was going to be late for football... I ended up with two bars for about 30 seconds just enough to call Zachary and have him call to get a ride. Then it cut out again.
Now all I can say is thank goodness I have friend who is so wonderful and took care of my kids for me today. Even if Josh did get a tooth knocked out at her house!

It was already loose and we've been telling him for days to get it out. So really thanks Trever, and mostly thank you Dany, if I hadn't known my boys could call you I would have probably freaked out and cried or something!
6 comments:
You have such an exciting life! Never a dull moment.
No problem, but you should include with you quote of the week that after Trever knocked out Josh's tooth and I told the boys to calm down because I couldn't take Josh home hurt, that's when he said "yeah my dad would just taze you" you may have problems finding babysitters in the future. Jimi LOVED taking Ryan, and it was no problem picking them up, although I think they were thinking I am NUTS! They're right!
WHEW!!!!!! Thank goodness for good friends....and blogs to chart the adventures you so OFTEN have...(You need a vacation.)
yeah Cori, you need a vacation. Did you and Danny decide where we all should go yet?
I'm stressed out just reading about it. Good to know life still happens to us even when we think we've got things under control. That's what makes things interesting.
Well if you need a vacation you can come visit me... The boys and Danny haven'tbeen here yet it would be fun!
Post a Comment