Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our Weekend...backwards!

I'm sitting here reflecting on the weekend, and I know there were many moments I thought "Hey that should go on the blog" but I don't recall them now. I'm going to just go backwards from this moment and describe our weekend, which was nice, yes really!
--At this moment the kids are in bed and I have chocolate chip cookies baking! Life is good.
--An hour and a half ago, I was crawling around on the floor picking up airsoft b.b's, because an hour and 45 minutes ago I came home from a class at church and there they were hundreds of little green things sparkling in the light, nestled into the carpet. Why I asked...and the response...Caleb was throwing them. Being three and having never met "Itwasn'tme" or "Ididn'tDOit" he fessed right up and helped me clean them up... and told me "Ryan did that side". Hmmm, Ryan of course has met "Itwasn'tme" and the new guy that has moved in... "Itwascaleb". If anyone has had the pleasure of actually meeting these fellows let me know, they spend an awful lot of time at my house but some how manage to hide when I come around the corner.

Just in case you are wondering what an airsoft bb is, here are about 10,000, no they weren't all on the floor! Okay moving on...
--Church-- I heard the talks! and only had to take a child out once, I'll give you a hint on which one...he is 11. I got through both my lessons, and if no one learned anything from my teaching but me that's okay, I learn far more when I teach then when I listen. (I don't want to know what that says about my listening skills) Danny was set apart as a counselor in the Elder's Quorum.
+Saturday+
--Danny went back to work. Boohoo. I've been enjoying having him home in the evenings!
--We took the boys to the park and played baseball. Yes we actually had time...
We slept in. I know, really, I didn't get any more sleep than on a normal night because we got home really late on Friday, but the sun was up before me, and that is a wonderful wonderful thing!
+Friday+ (Remember I'm going backward here)
--We stopped at my mom's in Bakersfield to pick up the three older boys (she was nice enough to come all the way up here and get them after school, aren't moms great?). As we were walking out her door a sleeping someone (I won't say who) had an accident all over Danny, I about had one too I was laughing at him so hard! Of course he is always prepared and simply changed his shirt.
--On the way there we had to circle around the road near Taft a few times to see if we (okay there was no we, I was along for the ride!) could find the person or people who threw a rock at us as we went by. FYI loud bangs against the truck window will most certainly wake a person up. We didn't find anyone, even with the very bright light Danny shone into yards.
-- We had the best Sant Maria style barbeque Tri-tip in the world for dinner, and the company was pretty good too, We stopped to see our friends Mary and Scot. Scot just happens to make that tri-tip. Yes they would be our friends without it! It just happens to be a great side benefit.
--I know it sounds wierd to say we went to the beach and spent more time with friends than actually at the beach, but the beach just happens to be where they live. (See I'm the kind of friend who will drive really far, I would probably even drive someplace like say Lake Isabella to spend time with them) We spent most of the afternoon with Lori (and Mike until he ditched us to go to something called work). Lori was nice enough to keep Caleb for a little while and Danny and I had some real all by ourself time.
Now that I've seen the beach, had really good food, and spent time with friends I miss more than I should probably admit, I think I can breath and get back into my life again...

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Life is full of experiences..and memories that carry us through...glad you had an enjoyable weekend...even tho you had to drive so far so "get a beach, friends and oh so yummy food fix". I did see several of those wierd green "dots" around when I picked the boys up on Friday.
Danny was so cool with the whole "wet shirt experience"...
I just read a beautiful quote "Life is to be enjoyed not just endured". Glad to see you doing just that!

Dany said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend. I did learn a lot from your lesson on Sunday, you are a great teacher! Be careful because you may have to drive all the way to good old Onyx to visit a friend. I would have died laughing at the wet shirt experience too, but... we have been peed on in bed more times than I can count. The funny thing is that Jim is the cuddeler so it was always on him. Now it would just be gross! (since my kids are older). I missed you all weekend, and I'm looking forward to wednesday's brunch, hope you can still make it!