


We all know I can't possibly have a normal day...so here's the story...
Notice the extension cord on the floor? I got up, mixed and baked my pies and the dough for the rolls, then I started on the turkey. Just as I put it in the oven Zachary(my kitchen helper) said "Hey mom the lights aren't working in here." Sure enough on one wall in the kitchen the outlets and switches were out. Including of course the oven, but not the refrigerator. Danny checked the fuses and whatever else he could think of. Nothing worked.
You know men and women just don't think alike!
My solution to the problem: Load up all the food and drive to Mom's, I know her oven works. I don't care if it's an hour away!
Danny's solution: Blue extension cord to a working outlet and call an electrician tomorrow.
Whatever ...I'm happy.

3 comments:
well the three of us, mom, christine and angela are all laughing at the blog entry...it would have been fun having you food and all come and cook with us... but happy to know that danny was so quick to solve the "electrical problem". Your dinner was impressive!
At least it was better than mine. For some reason we thought the dinner being hosted at our house started at 4:00. So when I was standing in the kitchen with a towel on my head, jeans and no shirt on, cutting potatoes it was quite a surprise when at 3:00 Walker yelled out "grandma and grandpa are here, everyone's here!" Our entire day was off my an hour.
What a lovely table arrangment, and how nice to have a Chippy carve the turkey.
Post a Comment