Monday, October 27, 2008

Ryan Strike's Again

My boys fight and occasionally the only thing I can do is walk away. Yesterday was one of those times. They resolved the problem (who knows what it was) and everything was fine...I thought. I have reason to doubt my powers of observation. Zachary went to Bakersfield last night for a church meeting, and when the people he rode with dropped him off one of the other boys stuck his head out the window and said "Good Job Ryan"! on what I asked, "Umm Zachary's eye" he answered. Zachary has a slight black eye. Which I didn't even notice in all the hours after they fought! This is where I point out I am not the trained observer in the family.

Then I tried to remember how many black eyes Ryan has given Zac.... I think at least three, the first when Zac was 5 and Ryan 3. so of course I had to go dig out the picture to compare.... here they are, almost exactly the same.


Later this afternoon...

4 comments:

Dany said...

Still doesn't compare to the raft incedent and Trever's goose egg. No black eyes yet, knock on wood.

Grandma said...

Some non~observations are a mere coping skill for mothers! Ah, look at the memories...I am impressed that you even remembered you had a picture of Zachary's black eye when he was so young. Zachary doesn't look to unhappy about this latest one.... boys will be boys.

CJacks said...

Funny how they're all in exactly the same spot. Not that you want to hear it but Zach needs to learn to hit back.;-)

Grammy said...

Zachary was using his superior mass to pin Ryan, who Zac claims was turning blue from lack of oxygen. Ryan sure gets in lots of "lucky accidental" shots!