Sunday, October 26, 2008
Today was the Primary Program for our ward. That is when the primary children (ages 3-11) present what they've learned through out the year to the congregation. This is the first year in a really long time I wasn't up sitting with the kids, and WOW! It is a very different perspective sitting in the congregation. Instead of trying to keep kids quiet and wiggle free, and reminding them who goes next, I got to sit back and enjoy their sweetness. They sung their little hearts out and the ones who had speaking parts were so cute. I've been in much bigger wards where we couldn't hear the words to the songs, so I was impressed with how well they knew all the songs (Danny only hushed me once for singing along, but I couldn't help it, I spent the year learning the songs too). What I really want to say is... I am so thankful for the stories and testimonies they shared today. I am thankful I ws able to sit and absorb it (yes they made me cry) instead of like most of the past years, when I have just been thankful the whole thing is over. It was good for me to sit back and not be part of it...even if I do love Primary and miss it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I knew it! You secretly wish you were still in Primary. That's your lot in life!
What a nice experience for you. Wish I could have been there to hear the boys....(there are some days I wish I were back in Primary. hummm...this may have been one of those days...)
Rebecca! You can't throw my secrets out there... you never know who might read it... and I'm still enjoying my break!
While on break mama Ricecake will be called for girls camp director... I also enjoyed the program, if only my kids would smile and be sweet all the time.
NO CAMP!!
This gives me a great idea for so many callings that need to be filled in primary :->.
Again, Rebecca, just so you know that last comment was from our Primary President...
I need to make a disclaimer here: The opinions and thoughts on this blog are intended for entertainment purposes only and not for church use! ;)
Post a Comment