Tuesday, April 23, 2013
That's disturbing
The other day Danny and I were chatting with a couple of good friends. Danny was relating a story about someone he pulled over, which is not unusual, he tells lots of these kind of stories. People expect it. This particular story involved someone we all know (those of us sitting there, not all as in everyone), this person didn't recognize Danny, and didn't answer Danny's questions quite truthfully. Which again is not unusual, most people don't, but occasionally you run in to someone you just expect honesty from. It may not be fair, but there are some people we hold to a higher standard. Now I get to the disturbing part. Our friends seem to think everyone does that when they get pulled over, and it's not that big a deal, it's just a normal reaction. "It's okay to lie if it might get you out of a ticket, and save you some money." What? Seriously? Maybe I'm crazy, I've only been pulled over twice in my life, both times for exceeding the posted speed limit, which I did not deny or pretend I didn't realize, because I absolutely was, maybe I don't have enough experience with this. Maybe my law enforcement bubble makes me different. I don't know, I just find that kind of thinking disturbing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
this is grandma again...12th Article of Faith.
That must be why I never get out of mine I tell the crazy truth then they must think I'm actually lying to them.
Post a Comment