This Wednesday is "senior night" at church. Senior as in, graduating from high school in a month, not the old people. Wow. As part of that we were asked to send 10 random pictures of our senior so they could be included in a slide show. 18 years ago we didn't have fancy digital cameras, so I pulled out the old photo box. Again, Wow! Looking back I know we were taking baby steps to get to this point, but it doesn't feel like it right now. Right now I feel like a gazelle leaping and bounding across the savannah. Go ahead and laugh at that mental picture, I am. Gazelles go fast is all I'm saying. Like time, but saying "time flies by" is as old as.... time. Anyway... Zach is getting ready to graduate. He is getting ready to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He graduates at the end of May, and turns 18 in August, he has most of his mission paperwork filled out, just waiting for the day he can submit it. He is getting ready to move into a phase of life where I will not have daily contact with him. It's exciting and scary and wonderful all at once. Most days I look at him and wonder if I've done enough, been there enough, taught him enough, and then I realize I can't go back and change anything, so it has to be enough. Even if it's not. If he ends up in therapy later in life, it will be all my fault.
4 comments:
I can't believe he's graduating but I'm so glad I'll be there to help celebrate. I think you did an awesome job raising him and you taught him everything he needs to know I'm sure. You have some great boys.
Grandma thinks he is an awesome Young Man!
I'm glad you specified the "grandma" this time, your comment on the last post makes be sound pretty puffed up ;)
This is grandma again.... I need to figure my blog out so I can blog on my own site!
Post a Comment