Wednesday, December 19, 2012

busy afternoon

The boys and I just got home from the dentist.  Before that we were all at Ryan's doctor appointment.  It's been awhile since I took all of them someplace..  Normally I would leave Zach home with the younger ones, but since Ryan's appointment was at 2, and 3 of them had dental appointments at 3:45 I decided the best thing would be to pick everyone up from school and just go.  We've spent a fair amount of time waiting in this dr office, and I didn't want that to make us late for the dentist.  (We were 15 minutes early for both-- just a little fyi for all you doubters).  Thankfully with Zach along I didn't have to drag them all inside the doctor's office.  I'm tired.  I'm also not entirely sure I am making any sense.  Sorry.
Ryan is doing extremely well.  His cocci titer is down, and his weight is about the same as 6 weeks ago.  The doctor says he can play baseball or anything else he wants, except climb Mt Whitney (which made me laugh, because that is the plan for ym camp in July) or take an 6 month trip to Nepal... yes those were his words.  We asked about the hair loss, and it's just a drug side effect.  That and dry lips and skin.  Dr. J seemed to think Ryan has plenty of hair.  Hopefully it stays that way. 
Caleb has one pair of pants that he likes.  Yes I fight with my 7 year old boy about pants.  His drawer is full of pants.  But he only wants to wear the holey pair of cheap target brand jeans, with both knees torn out, which he somehow expects me to fix.  Although I am pretty sure he would hate patches.  He tried to wear them yesterday, and cried and cried when I told him no way, they need a turn in the washer.  Then he came home from school and took them out of the dirty clothes hamper and put them on.  Needless to say there were more tears this morning when I wouldn't let him wear them... because they still need that washin'.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

What adventures...glad Ryan is doing better...when he gets down about hair loss, he could have a chat with Aunt Christine...Are the pants even fixable?

Grandma said...

I for one am impressed you were 15 minutes early for both dr and dentist.....I have no doubt at all that you are early to many things!!