I came home from taking kids to school and crawled back into bed for a little nap. It was so nice! Then Ryan and I went to Kohl's to return the shorts we bought for school, because they are way too big for him now. The doctor wants him to start school on Monday, with the understanding that he call me if he gets tired and needs to come home. He started fluconazole today, it's an anti fungal drug used to treat VF. The prescription, a 30 day supply, has 11 refills. I really hope we don't have to use that many! He is out of PE for awhile, and will probably just drop it all together for the first semester, I am waiting for his counselor to call me back about that. His rash is just about gone, he is still itchy and is peeling in the spots that blistered. Yesterday was the last day of steroid treatment, and it's possible the rash may bounce back without it. But we will just have to see.
We ran into some people we know from Kern Valley in Kohl's, talked about college (their oldest just left for school in Missouri), it was nice to catch up. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the whole "kids leaving for college" idea.
Stopped at the grocery store on the way home, for a couple things. All the errands wore Ryan out, and made him cough more. I am not very optimistic that he will last a whole day at school, but Monday is 4 days away, so maybe it will be ok.
We are almost done with the first week of school! Everyone has done well so far, getting up and getting ready, and going to bed. We are back to normal school routine, Josh even complained about his homework last night. Caleb will be home in 30 minutes Where did the day go?
No comments:
Post a Comment