Monday, July 30, 2012

Valiant for Courage

The boys are home from camp, and once again they survived!  This year they went to Camp Okihi, a camp on the east side of Bakersfield, along the river.  They had a great time, and got along fine (or so I've heard), other than the "Zach locking Ryan in a port-a-pottie" incident, which even Ryan admits was funny.  They did a mini triathlon (1/2 mile swim, 13 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run) the 10k Volkslauf, and a day of boot camp.  Zachary also did some rafting along with the older boys, while the younger boys had a trebuchet  launching contest.  The theme this year was "Valiant for Courage" which they took from Alma 53:20-21 "They were exceedingly valiant for courage and also strength and activity; but behold this was not all- they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted.  Yea they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before Him."
They came home just about as dirty and tired as I expected, with lots of dirty laundry.  Speaking of laundry Danny fixed the dryer today, so we can stop hanging clothes outside, which I was actually kind of enjoying.  I suppose that means I can do either one.  Towels, undies, and jeans in the dryer, everything else can go on the line. 

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Saw many pictures of YM's camp tonight....lot of hard work....and Fun!