Saturday, June 30, 2012

Extra Extra Read All About It!

Some friends of ours asked us months ago if we could watch their three kids while they went on a two week trip to Europe. In June, during the laid back summer.  How much more work could three more kids be? So of course we said yes.  Ethan (8), Sophie and Maggie (twins, almost 3) moved right in.  Our house got a little louder, and a little more crowded, but it was fun.  The boys loved having little sisters for awhile, and Ethan fits right in the middle of all the crazy boys so it all worked out.  Little ones are exhausting, I seem to have forgotten that.  I think I need a lot more practice at making girl hair look cute, thank goodness Maggie and Sophie have curly hair, it's alot more forgiving.  I hope we didn't teach them too many bad habits.  Thankfully we were able to return them happy, healthy and whole.  (Any one of those things is a toss up at any time in this house).  I hope their parents still consider us friends!
Father's Day at our house

Danny, and the girls...please ignore the laundry, I seem to have!

My sister Christine also had surgery right at the beginning of the chaos so poor Madison got thrown in the mix.  Madison handled it all like a champ, I think she enjoyed having girls around to play with.  The three of them even shared a "girls only" room.  (Surgery went well, and it appears they got the bit of cancer they were after) We doubled our kid numbers, and as Danny pointed out, we could double it again and still not touch the Duggars.

1 comment:

Watsonville said...

Yep! And that's pretty much why you are amazing! You get woman of the year award! Lunch might not do it. Weekend away?