Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sometimes

  • Sometimes I know I have a great blog post in my head, but there are so many thoughts and words crowded and tumbling around and over each other, I am not sure it will ever be more than a great blog post in my head.
I suppose this morning I will try, but I can tell you right now there are a lot of things that will be staying in my head!

  • Sometimes, it is important to just say I am thankful.  So here it is; I am thankful R.B is okay.  I am thankful Danny is on his way home, from a really long day/night, I started to figure out how long he has been awake, but then I stopped because it doesn't matter.  He has been where he needs to be, doing what he needs to do.  I am thankful I can make him breakfast and send him to bed.  I am thankful he will get up and do it all over again.  And even if they don't find the people they are looking for-- whom at this very moment I am wishing have crawled into a hole somewhere and died-- I am thankful for everyone out there willing to look.
not such a great blog post, but that's it for today.  I am choosing to be thankful.

4 comments:

cynthia said...

Oh dear Dannys day must have been a rough one.....but at least you can be thankful

Grandma said...

At the end of the day, or the beginning of another day...being thankful is one of our greatest blessings.

Chris said...

Everyday we come home safe and have the protection and strength to do our jobs is truly a blessing. Some days it really hits home the sacrifice needed

Karrie said...

Thanks for this post Cori. I'm grateful RB is home, too! Lol. Grateful he is an awesome shot. Because he is certain someone did crawl in a hole. Or was shoved... or dumped... we are doing great! The kids have the hardest time understanding "why" someone would shoot their dad. The two older ones say they are nervous for him to go back to work. But all in all, things couldn't be better. I didn't realize the magnitude of the whole situation until later in the day. Didn't realize how many other officers were held over and called out and nervous and mad. Sometimes it's harder being the support team, because you don't get to be there and KNOW. The community up here is FREAKED OUT. Drive-by activities just aren't up here. Tweakers are, but the fuzz know who they are and what they are doing. It's the randomness of it all. Something good must come out of it. Time off? Lol. Other officers will be more diligent and aware of their surroundings? Practice more at the range? Who knows. I'm just grateful, too.