Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Things I don't like
Well just one thing really, tonight. I don't like when my kids come walking in the house dripping blood and crying. Especially when it's all over their face. Caleb got a bloody nose tonight, while playing down the street. Zachary having caused the bloody nose and feeling bad about it, being a comforting helpful big brother, walked him all the way home. Cupping his own hand under Caleb's face the whole way. When I see blood my real reaction is AHH UGH BLOOD, BLOOD! but somehow that generally stays in my head, what comes out is, *big sigh* "OK what happened this time", as I calmly walk the hurt child to a sink and begin cleaning. Caleb's nose is fine and I got some cuddle time out of it. I like the cuddles, but really I could do without the blood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OK-- so tell me how you suppress the "Ahh Ugh Blood Blood!!" thing? I usually freak out severely- (have even been known to say a bad word-not really really bad- but bad nonetheless!) and practically faint. Someone has to call Dad (or Jaime) and they handle it all. Yup, I'm a wimp....next time maybe I'll just call you!! :o)
Post a Comment