Saturday, November 20, 2010

Why?

Since the time he could talk one of Zachary's favorite words has been "why." When he was small, one little why could easily turn into five, and a twenty minute conversation. It wasn't long before I had to tell him "I don't know, we will look it up." But this week, I have no answer for that one little word...why. One of Zachary's friends took his own life Tuesday night. I can't begin to express the sadness I feel for his mom, and dad, and brother. For his friends, for his community. I don't know what to say or do for my own kids to make things okay, because it really can't be okay. As a mother the whole thing feels like a nightmare that won't go away. Frightening and horrible.

The whole situation has brought back memories I didn't realize I had. I've been seeing a constant slideshow in my head of the days and weeks after Bryan died. I wish nobody else had to go through any of it. Hard. Just hard.

4 comments:

Grandma said...

My Prayers are with you to get this Sunday. As your mother I wish I could take away the hurt and the pain..

cynthia said...

Your right there really is no answer to the why this time. I hope that everyone involved can find some peace.

Watsonville said...

This is just so sad. I am hope your boys will find the comfort they need and you as a mother to know what to do for them. You are am amazing woman and mother and I know you will protect and provide for our boys in every way. Lunch again?

Kelly said...

Your family is always in my thoughts during the Thanksgiving holiday. I am blessed to have known your family.