Friday, October 8, 2010

So...Um...That Hurt...Alot

Wednesday is Cub Scout day around here. This week I can say I really busted my behind for my Cubs. No really, I mean literally. Okay, so that is a little exaggeration, it's not busted, just severely bruised. We went rollerskating, and that should be a big enough clue, so I can just stop here.
?
?
?
?
Towards the end of the evening one of the boys fell down and hurt his knee. When I leaned over to help him up I fell over backwards and landed flat on my backside. Why I would think I could keep my balance and help someone else I have no idea, I am balance challenged enough when I don't have wheels strapped to my feet. If you've ever done something like that you know how excruciating the pain is. I am not to clear on the sequence of events after I fell, but I think it went something like this; My friend Cheryl came racing over, (yes racing, because she is a good skater, not clumsy like me), then went to get Danny, he came over with my friend Tara the other scout leader, they got me up, and I promptly passed out. (Apparently Danny doesn't like it when I do that, something about my pupils getting huge and my body going limp freaks him out) The roller rink guy came over with a wheelchair, and off the floor we went. With random kids circling around trying to find out if I was okay.
I am ok, and I even have xrays to prove it, nothing is broken, although how anything can hurt that bad and not involve breakage I have no idea. The bruises are starting to show up, I think they may be very colorful. Not that anyone will ever see them.
The doctor says I should be moving better in a few days, and until then I am being well taken care of. Danny made me go to the Dr. and took yesterday off. My friends from church made sure dinner was taken care of. Any snickering has been done out of my hearing. Although, it is okay to laugh, I've ben laughing at myself, but only a little, cuz it kinda hurts to laugh, or cough, or sneeze.

3 comments:

Karrie said...

I would like to say two things:

Ouch.

and

Hee hee haw haw hee ho.

And, I'm laughing with you, as someone who once fell off a teeter totter in fourth grade and bruised her tail bone. IT HURTS.

I hope your butt feels better soon, and that you will be able to sit/stand/lie down in comfort soon.

Grandma said...

Have to say you are moving better than I thought you would....seeing you the night of, thought it would be days and days...but when I saw you today, well moving slowly, but a whole lot better!

cynthia said...

That stinks sorry Cori hope your feeling better soon. I do have to say the way you write stories sure does make them seem funny. I always get a good chuckle when I read your blog.