We've been in school for a whole month! We are all pretty well settled in and our schedule seems to be running smoothly. Zachary has been late to seminary a couple times, by a minute or two. Big improvement there. Josh has been getting up with no fuss. Happy mornings.
Zachary-- Enjoying football, even though the head coach was replaced this week. They've played 3 games, and are 2-1 right now. They head to Fresno tomorrow for game #4. He is the Class President for the Freshman/Sophomore seminary class. He is a Safe School Ambassador. His grades are "ok, last time he checked he had two C's and the rest A's". I don't know why he thinks C's are ok. So now he will work harder to pull them up then he would have had to if he just kept them up to begin with.
Ryan-- is loving school. He comes home and tells funny stories about his classes. He can't wait until baseball starts, months and months from now. He is doing pretty well in Scouts, at the moment, he is one Eagle required merit badge ahead of Zach. We checked his grades today, he has all A's, and one B+.
Josh-- is a pleasant surprise for his teacher. She remembers him as a two year old, and is very glad he can finally sit still. Reading has finally all clicked for him, and he is realizing there are fun stories behind the words. *Shout out for all Grandma's hard work this summer*
He started flag football this week, and loves it. There are 12 3rd and 4th graders on his team and they practice twice a week right after school. He wishes we had Cub Scouts everyday.
Caleb-- thinks kindergarten is great. He comes home exhausted, and falls asleep on the way to speech every Tuesday and Thursday. He brought home a progress report this week, and is right on track in everything except his letters and letter sounds. Which is what I expected, so no surprises there. His speech therapist says he has two more sounds to master and he will be done.
Me and Danny-- you would think after a month I would be fairly well adjusted, and I think I am, I almost don't mind the alarm going off! But probably a good half the time, after I drop Josh and Caleb off, driving home I start to ask Caleb stuff, then I have a heart beat of panic until I realize he is right where I left him, at school where he is supposed to be.
Danny started his new area September 1st, so far he likes it. He has been working the graveyard shift this month. They are also on 12 hour shifts, so even though he is gone longer the nights he works he has more days off. I am waiting for him to get tired of hanging out with me :)
1 comment:
So good to see things are going well for all of you...and that you have a good schedule and the "boys" are doing well.
Post a Comment