I think this may be my number one reason for liking where I live, okay maybe not number one, but definitely up there on my list. If I had an actual list it might look like this... (5) Anonymity
Last night Danny was working. The rest of us had just gotten back to the trailer after a fun day at the lake, when Zachary got a text from a friend. He turned to me and asked "Hey, did Daddy pull his gun on someone today?"
How do I answer this? I think I said, "I don't know, probably." and shrugged. Occasionally he does have to do that.
When I was a kid, my Dad told us he never had to pull his gun out, let alone use it. And I believed him, for a really long time. A really, really long time. Probably because there was no one who knew us driving by the scene and then calling to find out what was going on.
I prefer to hear the real story from him whenever he has time to share it, not a two second version from someone wanting to know what is going on. And the real story is, if he has his gun out, he probably didn't have time to call me first, to let me know whats up.
So there you go, I can't wait to be anonymous again. Which should be in about two more weeks! Oh and the whole living together in one house all the time will be nice too.
2 comments:
Yes it was nice to be naive, if we only knew how many times dad had to draw his gun. well soon you wont be having to tell people what was going on
That will be nice. Maybe you will have a somewhat normal life again. But then again, is life ever normal?
Post a Comment