Monday, June 14, 2010

Beach Trip

Who goes to the beach and forgets the camera? Me, that's who. Although I am excusing myself because it was a short trip. Mary called last Sunday to see if we might be able to make it to Devin's 8th grade graduation party on Saturday. I had no plans to head that direction anytime soon, but if that isn't a great reason to make a special trip, I don't know what is. Danny was even off Friday and Saturday!
We spent Friday night at the Mallory's, got up Saturday and had Pop's pancakes. Yum! Then we went to the beach. The kids played in the water, dug in the sand, and shivered, even though "it's not cold!" The weather was beautiful. I hate short trips. But then again short is better than none. We spent Saturday evening with the Millers playing Ping-Pong and Uno Spin, catching up, and pigging out on Scot's tri-tip (okay maybe the pigging out was just me).
Then we had to come home, and sometimes that just makes me sad.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

I agree short trips are better than no trip at all...glad you had a good time.