Josh's baseball team has decided it is "lucky" to wear eye black ( the black stuff athletes put under their eyes) for all their games. He has been asking me to buy his own for about 3 weeks, so Saturday we left early for his game and stopped to get some. Caleb of course had to wear some too. Except he wanted it all the way across his nose and cheeks.I should have taken a picture of him! Maybe next time...
This morning Caleb and I were sitting on the couch together watching TV. He looked at me and asked if he still had eye black on. I scrubbed it off the other night, so of course there wasn't, I told him no. Then he looked at me and said, "Well you do, it's right here, and pointed from the bridge of his nose down along his eye. apparently my dark circles are pretty bad today. Must have something to do with not getting enough sleep the last few nights. Sick restless kids, and wacky dreams will do that to a gal. Josh's nose was stuffed up last night and he whimpered and cried for about 3 hours off and on. He tried sleeping sitting up on the couch... didn't help. I put him in a steamy shower at about 1 and that helped a little. He can not stand being uncomfortable, he is whiny when he is sick, and cranky on long car drives. I am not a very sympathetic mom. Although I have to say I was going to let him stay home this morning even though they started STAR testing today. He woke up about 15 minutes before we needed to leave for school and said he felt ok. He made it, just as the class was walking in.
No comments:
Post a Comment