Sunday, April 18, 2010

Does a mother of girls ever...

Does a mother of girls ever say things like,
"Hey no swinging the bat in the car!"?
I said that today, on the way home from church, not even for the first time. Caleb was swinging the bat around, and I just calmly said it, like it was no big deal. The thing is, stuff like that happens around here all the time, just part of life I guess.
Not that I want girls, I am glad I have all boys. I just wonder sometimes.

4 comments:

Renée said...

hahaha---nope. When the girls were younger I don't think I ever had to say that. I have found on many occasions, however, the need to say "no more than 4 pairs of shoes allowed in your suitcase for a 2 day trip.... "

Grandma said...

I think I have selective memory these days... I choose "not" to remember what was swing, thrown or said,while driving in the car with 7 children. :}

Karrie said...

to the boys, absolutely. to my girls (the oldest, really) it's more like an in-depth conversation about the difference between lip gloss and lip stick, what a good age it to get married, and why wearing wedge sandals is not a good idea while trying to climb a tree. i find i tell my boys lots of things, whereas I have conversations with the girls. even the 2 year old.

BushlingX7 said...

Yes, I am telling my baby girl not to swing the bat or throw the ball in the car!! The conversations are very different but the reactions are almost the same.