Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Except

Last night I wanted a soft serve hot fudge sundae from McDonald's. Except I didn't want to get in the car and go get one. So I thought maybe I would make brownies. Except I don't buy brownie mix (because then I would eat lots of brownies) and I didn't have enough cocoa to make them from scratch. Finally I settled on a chocolate fudge cake (I do buy cake mix), even though I don't love cake (yes I did just say that). To dress it up a little I thought I would make peanut butter frosting with a hint of cocoa. Except I started it without following the first rule of baking, *make sure you have enough of all ingredients before starting* and I didn't have quite enough powdered sugar. I think it turned out better, it was slightly runny so I poured it over the still warm cake. Yummy. Except I don't love cake, so there is plenty left for the boys.
P.S. I wrote this post, uploaded the picture from my camera, downloaded it to blogger, took a break to answer my cell phone, all while on hold with my bank. And I am still holding.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Ok, that looks delicious! Thanks for making me crave something sweet!

Karrie said...

stupid bank...

ANYTIME you feel like you need a cake friend, if for no other reason than to get rid of your leftovers... I'm your girl.

Grandma said...

Looks very yummy, and I don't eat chocolate! I hope the bank finally got to you....how long exactly were you on "hold please"?

Grammy said...

I was "on hold" or transferred between different departments for almost 2 hours. And all I wanted to do was reset my internet banking stuff, because somehow I got locked out. I have yet to have the problem resolved. After being transferred 3 times to a department that kept playing a recording that said "Due to a high volume of calls at this time, we can not help you, please call again later" I gave up.

Grandma said...

ah, the modern world we live in!

Kelly said...

Hahahaha! Too funny! That looks delicious! I wish you were my neighbor and you could send over cake anytime.