The boys and I left home early so we could spend some time with Christine and Madison, where we made cookies for Santa,

before heading over to Aunt Dawn and Uncle David's house. Once we got there the kids did their usual running through the house in circles and diving off the stairs into the huge pile of stuffed animals, while the adults ate way too much food. Danny was the only one missing this year (other than all the Texans). I left the clam chowder I was supposed to bring him sitting on the table. Oops, sorry. The kids loved the train going around the tree.
Of course the evening isn't complete without the annual extended family picture, which we may or may not ever see a copy of. I do have the Moselle group picture at least. 
It was a lot of fun. I was looking forward to a peaceful drive home, listening to Christmas Carols and the gentle breathing of my sleeping children. Sleeping children?? Didn't happen, so through the pounding sinus headache I had, I listened to the random chattering of excited boys who only have one volume. That is okay, it kept me awake.
Christmas Day
We always start the morning off by gathering everyone in our room, where we read the story of Jesus' birth from Luke. Then we head for the tree, stockings and Santa gifts. Josh was up first this year, he got himself dressed thinking he was going to school (seriously got to be the strangest thing to do on Christmas morning). After breakfast we played a little, cleaned up a tiny bit and headed to Grandma's, then Danny's Aunt Debbie's.
I think everyone enjoyed the day and their gifts. Zachary got a waterproof riding jacket, Thor baseball cap, and a handheld Ham radio.
Ryan was very pleased with his new mp3 player (that unfortunately doesn't have to have headphones to be listened to), snowsuit, and oh yeah, a motorcycle!
Josh loved his didj, a handheld video game from leapfrog, he doesn't even realize he is learning as he plays. I think his favorite might be the remote control, CHP Mustang, I got for Danny.
he spent most of the day trying out different names and finally settled on Nala, after his cousin Katie's dog. He got a leapster2 (also a leapfrog handheld video game) and a tow truck lego set, which he had Daddy put together. They all got clothes and books and games, we love games. We will also be having a family night out at the movies, and the boys get a movie night sleepover with Aunt Cassie. Yay! The marshmallow shooters they got from Aunt Lala are a big hit.
Danny got motorcycle stuff, and clothes, and his favorite...new socks, he may even have a song about those! I have spent the last few hours playing with my new Photoshop Elements, I think if I ever get the hang of it, it will be great.
We had a good Christmas, even with all the germs floating around our house. Now we are looking forward to a few relaxing days, before school starts again.
3 comments:
I love my PSE. When the kids get back in school I can show you my favorite fixes, if you want. I don't get too fancy though...you can spend a lot of time messing around with pictures and doing cool effects.
I want to hear the new socks song...it has to be just as good as the new shoes song ;)
So great to see all of your family. You all look so great! Looks like a fun Christmas!
Post a Comment